6.23.2009

Why I Heart Kate Spade

My obsession with Kate Spade goes back to about 1999, the year I made my first KS purchase, a classic microfiber silver-grey handbag (at a NYC sample sale, of course!). My collection slowly grew thanks to sample sales and outlet shops. Many of her home designs even appeared on my wedding registry (the Library Stripe and Larabee Dot vases to name a few).

I love her ads, her website, her books, her humorous approach to American glamour. And now today, she gave me one more reason to heart her: the Mariachi Ric Rac jewelry collection.













These affordable, colorful, perfect-for-summer bangles, earrings and rings (above) are so refreshing. I'm not usually a fan of gold jewelery but I love the bold pops of colored enamel against the gold. I think the earrings are my favorite. They'd be perfect this summer, paired with a pair of white jeans, a flowy top and of course, a cocktail in hand.

No comments: