2.01.2013

LI Pulse February issue: Get Organized and Meet a Design Multi-Tasker


Over the years I've learned that when writing about the home, it is not always about making things look pretty (although that certainly is the fun part!). There is so much more needed in order to truly make a house your home. Proper maintenance, cleaning and organizing (and a lot of love!) are all part of the deal. 

That being said, I'm happy to share with you today, my latest feature in the February issue of  LI Pulse (on newstands now!)...all about winter organizing. Perfect timing in my opinion, as it is usually right about now that all of that extra winter gear and maybe even a few holiday stragglers, really seem to be a thorn in my side. 

Thanks to some tricks and product ideas from The Container Store and interior designer Marc Thee of Marc-Michaels Interior Design, I learned a few new ways to keep everything in its place this winter. I hope some of these tips help you too! 

Also for the February issue, I had the pleasure of interviewing Long Island-based interior designer Gail Gottlieb for this month's Inside Design Q & A. Gottlieb and I had a wonderful conversation and I gleaned many smart tips from this multi-tasking designer including the best way make an impact with window coverings--a must have for finishing off any room. 

Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend!







No comments: