6.15.2012

Weekend Fun: Sparkling Cosmo Sipper

Summer is my favorite time of year for cocktails and a Cosmopolitan is still one of my favorites. A typical Cosmo calls for citron-flavored vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime. I usually make them powerful but sometimes I just need something lighter. So when I came across cans of sparkling cranberry juice I thought...hmmm, let's give this a try. I love the tartness of the cranberry juice mixed with the slight bubbly fizz. Sweet and simple.  I'm calling it a Sparkling Cosmo Sipper.



Here's my "recipe":

1.Fill 1/3 of a glass with ice (I prefer stemless wine glasses for my cocktails)
2.A four-count pour of vodka
3.Half of an 8.4 oz can of sparkling cranberry juice
4.Splash of lime
5.Stir and enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: