6.20.2012

Let's Shop: Sur la Table

My husband and I enjoy cooking so when we heard a Sur la Table opened up close by, we had to go visit! Last Saturday we packed up the baby and headed to the newest location at the Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove

The store is chock full of cooking supplies, gadgets, accessories and anything else you might need. All the major players are there...Kitchen-Aid, OXO, Wustof, Wilton, etc.The shelves were bursting and we were greeted by this fun summer sale display...



Some highlights....
I really loved the baking section, there were loads of unique supplies to choose from including these cheery cupcake liners (a personal obsession).



I was also very excited to see all of the Barefoot Contessa's baking kits. I'm a huge fan of Ina Garten's products, but its often hard to find the entire selection in one place, so this was a nice surprise.


Kind of obsessed with the selection of oils and spices too. I've got my eye on Lavender-infused Olive Oil and white truffle oil, just need to find the right recipes to use them with. 



Sur la Table also offers lots of classes and the shiny new kitchen was big, roomy and ready for some serious cooking.





While we really went more for the experience, I did pick up a new olive oil dispenser (a must-have for any Italian girl!) and a pack of blue and white striped paper straws, which will no doubt turn into a fun July 4th craft project. 

Whether you are in the market for new tools, supplies or just need a little foodie inspiration, I definitely recommend taking a trip to your local Sur la Table.

No comments: