7.29.2011

Map it Out

Inspired by this room designed by Brad Ford and photographed for Lonny Magazine by Patrick Cline, I'm currently in search of a similar map for the baby's nursery or even perhaps my living room. I love the idea of having it somewhere that as he grows up, he'll be curious about it, enjoy it and learn from it.


Further inspired, I went on a little search this morning for more maps and decorating ideas. Here a few of my favorites:

This may be my favorite photo-- East Hampton designer Robert Stilin framed two maps of Long Island above a bench. Simple and gorgeous.


From Better Homes and Gardens. I love the painted vintage frame, it matches beautifully with the old New England Map and the collection of blue pottery. 


Also from BH&G, a giant map was used as wallpaper in an entry way in a family home.  So colorful and inspiring for little ones.

The team at Martha Stewart, used an old map to update a boring lamp shade. A tedious project, I'm sure, but such a beautiful result!


Million Dollar Decorator designer  Nathan Turner added a trio of maps for the grand entry in this Los Feliz home. A big, bold statement with a global touch.


Finally, I found this map on Land of Nod today and am tempted to purchase it. Its not necessarily an authentic vintage map, but it has the look I'm going for, comes already framed and free shipping doesn't hurt!

1 comment:

offset printing said...

Wow those maps are really classic and impressive. I have always been a great fan of maps, I think they make a wonderful beginning to start or plan the places you want to go.