1.03.2010

Spotted: Wine Bottle Light Fixtures

On Saturday night I went to Onda in NYC, a delicious Latin restaurant down near the South Street Seaport. Delicious food, amazing red sangria (nutmeg & cinnamon gave it a nice kick) and a cozy atmosphere.

Of course, my eye wandered up to the colorful wine bottle light fixtures grouped on the ceiling. I loved them and had to do a little research to show you what I was talking about since I didn't take a photo.

These wine bottle tea lights are so close to what they had hanging in the restaurant. The restaurant was dimly lit, so you can see how the colored bottles really popped. I could see these hanging from a porch or patio for a summertime bash...



Then, above the bar they had these clever wine glass light fixtures, loved those too. I found a similar idea at Pottery Barn. If I owned a restaurant, I'd pick up a few of these babies for sure.

In my search I also came across the Chandelini.

How funky is this fixture made from champagne glasses...awesome. A little research led me to Touch Design Studio, who originally created this idea for the 2004 holiday windows at DKNY in New York.So creative.

Love the idea of repurposing wine bottles and glasses in unique, fun ways. I already save my wine bottle corks in hopes of creating something fabulous with them one day and now, I just might start saving a few bottles too.

No comments: