1.11.2010

Crafty Monday: Jenny Hart's Embroidered Effects

As I was wearily searching through my emails on this Monday morning (does anyone like Mondays?!), this photo over at The Purl Bee definitely perked me up!


This bright and cheery hummingbird is an embroidery pattern from Jenny Hart, who has a brand new book out called: Embroidered Effects. The photo below, also via The Purl Bee, shows off one of her funky patterns:


Jenny, for those of you who may not be so familiar with her work, is a crafty lady extraordinaire...back in 2000 she just about single-handedly brought the embroidery craze back with her popular website, Sublime Stitching and hasn't looked back since! With her funky patterns like skulls, unicorns (below), sushi and more, she definitely made embroidery modern.




I took one of her classes with a friend of mine in NYC a few years back...not only did we have a blast, but I definitely pick up my embroidery now and again bc it is just so fun. I love Jenny's patterns because they are so fresh and really unlike anything else out there.

I have her Sublime Stitching Craft Pad and really need to open it up and get to work! Embroidery is an easy skill to pick up and inexpensive too, all you really need is an embroidery hoop, some colorful floss, a needle and one of Jenny's fabulous patterns!

If you're looking for a new hobby to pick up this winter, I definitely recommend it. I'm vowing to start a few new patterns and share my work with you this week!

No comments: