9.14.2009

Back to the 80's: Michael Kors

My love affair with fashion designer Michael Kors began in 2000 during the Oscars. He had dressed best-actress Oscar nominee Joan Allen in an amazingly sophisticated, sparkly gown under the Celine label.



I loved his style, it was fresh to me and I began to follow his look.

Today, Michael Kors has exploded with his lines of clothing, handbags and fragrances. Not to mention his judging skills, humor and much needed realism on Project Runway.

Michael, I think I just fell in love with you all over again. How did you know that I would flip for neon pink and black? This was one of my favorite color combos back in the 80s and now he has made it cool again with the Neon Brights collection



The neon pink Uptown Astor Satchel and Clutch are trimmed in black leather with his signature studs...that is the epitome of everything I loved about the Material Girl moment in the 80s when Madonna and her tough but sweet black rubber bracelets and neon makeup ruled.



I wonder if the nod to 80s fashion will translate into the home as well? Sort of a scary thought, but I would take a pair of throw pillows in Michael's beautiful grey and black zebra print any day of the week! How about you?




Sidebar: You can catch the Michael Kors Fall 2010 fashion show LIVE on his website today (9/16) at 10 am! Gotta love Fashion Week in NYC!

No comments: