8.26.2014

Healthy Eats: Blueberry Mango Almond Kale Smoothie

I am a creature of habit. I eat a bowl of plain oatmeal (made with water and typically topped with blueberries) every. single. morning. Its delicious, satisfying and cost effective. I can buy a tremendous canister of quick cook oats for under $4.00 that will last me a couple of months.

But in the warm days of summer, hot oatmeal just doesn't always cut it. As I’m trying to add more protein into my diet to supplement my strength training focus, I’ve been experimenting with smoothies. I’m in love. Smoothies are healthy, feel indulgent and most are such a generous portion, I don’t miss a big ol’ bowl of oats. This “debloating” Pineapple Kale Blueberry Smoothie from FitSugar is just fab.


It typically calls for pineapple, which apparently includes an enzyme to help with digestion and bloating, but I only had frozen mango this morning and I loved it just the same. Give it a try, I promise it’s a keeper!


For some of my other favorite smoothie recipes, click here and here. How about you, what are your go-to smoothies for summer?



No comments: