8.02.2012

Product Review: COOLA Baby SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen

I've been taking the little man out and about so much this summer--he loves it! Of course, all of that time spent outdoors has me concerned about sun protection. I was hesitant about what I wanted to use with Dan, because at 9 months old, his skin is still so sensitive. That's why I was thrilled to test out COOLA Baby SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen ($36) last month.



I'm a big fan of my mineral makeup (I use my  Bare Minerals every single day) and was curious to try a sunscreen, also made from minerals. According to the product literature I received from the PR team (thank you!), COOLA Baby SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen was designed specifically for a baby's delicate skin (for babies 6 months and up.)

It has broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection that doesn't contain any chemicals or preservatives --love that! How do they do it? By using ingredients such as plankton and organic beeswax to boost SPF protection, as well as organic shea butter, sesame seed oil, avocado and evening primrose oils. 

Excited to give it a try, I documented our experience :)

Here is what it looks like out of the box.....


I was pleasantly surprised that the bottle had a pump. SO much easier to use a pump when you're trying to apply something on a wriggling baby!


The consistency is nice and thick. Plus as I learned from applying it to Dan, a little certainly goes a long way. Which is fantastic, as it is priced  higher than your average range of sunscreens. A good investment, this is sure to last us through the entire summer into the fall.


Dan happily agreed to be my model :) It goes on nice and smooth and doesn't feel gritty at all. Once I rubbed it in, it had a smooth powder-like finish but then really just evaporated into his skin. 














There's no scent, which is important to me when it comes to baby products. Also, it didn't leave a tint, wasn't sticky or gritty and really blended in nicely.




After I applied the sunscreen, it was off to the pool. COOLA held up well and overall, I'm very happy with it and so is Dan...as you can tell from his big smile :) 




I always monitor him a few days after trying anything new and he did not develop a rash and did not have an adverse reaction to it. This will continue to be a staple in our house. 

COOLA Baby Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen can be purchased at www.coolasuncare.com and fine resorts, spas and specialty boutiques.

Hope you enjoyed my review! Let me know if you decide to give this sunscreen a try!

Disclaimer: The PR team for COOLA graciously provided me with a sample to test out. My opinions are my own and I was not paid for this review. 



No comments: