10.07.2011

Nesting, a Nursery Update

Well, hello there. I haven't posted since August and have missed writing here so much. We have been busy preparing for Baby D's arrival. I learned that I could expect him sooner than his due date of 11.2.11 :)

That being said, I am in full NESTING mode. So what have we accomplished for our little one's nursery? His closets are ready, he has a brand new rug and his crib is all put together, as is his bassinett.This weekend we have lots to finish up though such as putting together his changing table, adding the bedding to the crib, installing blinds (room darkening, of course!), hanging all of his artwork and organizing all of his wonderful gifts.

I'll be sure to share my photos with you all soon, but for now, here is a quick sneak peek!


We chose an oatmeal-colored  carpet with a touch of gold in it. It's by Shaw and super soft. The dresser is from the Young America Collection by Stanley furniture and is currently holding the changing pad until we put together the changing table! Finally, the bassinet (a gift from baby's great-grandfather) is from Delta...we'll be moving it into our bedroom soon for those first few weeks he is home.

Speaking of the dresser. I'll leave you with a tiny DIY. Unfortunately, the plain painted wood knobs the dresser came with were lost (I've been holding this dresser for a couple of years) so to give it a modern update, I found simple chrome knobs at ACE hardware. At $1.19 each...I'd say this was a very cheap yet chic makeover!




I have lots more to share..stay tuned!


No comments: