3.25.2010

DIFFA Dining by Design Show, NYC

The New York Times web site today has a fantastic slideshow of all the amazing designer tables at the DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS) Dining by Design Show in NYC that was on Monday night. All proceeds from the night go to the DIFFA foundation, a wonderful organization.

This year's tables were so creative, so amazing, I was bummed I didn't go see them myself. Here, my faves:

Designer David Rockwell and the Rockwell Group had the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's (my all-time FAVE) playing on a screen behind their gorgeous table, which was divided with a curtain of Swarovski Crystals. Can you say dream-come-true?


Another favorite, the fixture above Eric Warner's table for Aesthete seems to be dripping with gorgeous purple ribbons...how creative and colorful! I want to do this for my upcoming birthday :)

Finally, this showstopping table by the designer Arpad Baksa really caught my eye. See how the red just pops? His design was called "All the Webs We Weave." and according to the NY Times it consisted of 50 Gloriosa lilies that were all suspended with fishing wire from a bicycle wheel. GENIUS! I love the unique use of ordinary supplies to make something beautiful.


To check out all of the photos, head on over to NYTIMES.com slideshow. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Breakfast at Tiffany's and Purple Ribbons...design candy indeed!

Design Candy said...

I completely agree!! Thanks for stopping by!

TaraMetBlog said...

Also photos from Disney's DIFFA booth can be found at http://dcp.smugmug.com/Events/DIFFA-2010/11557330_xiojJ#814081196_zzJVq :)