1.25.2010

Spring (Style) Training

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Inspired by the warmer than normal January temperatures on Saturday, I decided to head down to the harbor and spend some time in Northport Village.


This is a shot from the dock on the harbor. Gorgeous, isn't it?

After an energetic walk (yea, exercise!) I grabbed a coffee and did a little accessory shopping and scooped up these adorable nests and set of moss pebbles. (Forgive my photography, I desperately need a new camera!)


I loved them and couldn't wait to play so I quickly set to work. I miss working on photo shoots and so I try to do my own little set-ups at home as best I can. First, I used one of my smaller glass hurricanes from Pier 1 and added a birch disc. It was a start.

I really prefer what I did in the apothecary jar below. Even though my pebbles and the 2 nests don't quite fill up the jar, I like having that empty space. I will use this and continue building on it for my Spring/Easter centerpiece. Of course, my little nests could use some speckled eggs...perhaps these from Pottery Barn.


What inspired you this weekend?

No comments: