11.17.2009

Designer Inspiration: Jaime Drake

I am a design junkie, no question. And professional interior designers are my heroes. While I may eat, sleep, breathe--oh, and write about design and decorating, I am not a practicing designer (well, in my own home I certainly am). Perhaps one day but for now, I enjoy sitting back and drooling over what the pros create.

This photo gallery from nytimes.com of designer Jaime Drake's NYC apartment blew my mind. Bursting with color and creativity, it's no wonder Mr. Drake is one of the best around.

My favorite photo is this bedroom shot. I adore, adore, adore the green-painted wall behind the bed and the energetic painting that is ever-so-slightly off-center. So refreshing and fun. Also loving the simple colorful coverlet on the bed...hm...something to think about for my own bedroom makeover.



My other favorite photo? The lacquered wood coffee table that is embedded with Swarovski Crystals. Is he kidding?! For me, this was love at first sight!


You can check out the rest of the gallery here. I hope it inspires you as much as it has me!

No comments: