8.17.2009

NY Gift Show Re-Cap: Butterflies

Whew! It's been a long couple of days! My trip to the NY Gift Show was a whirlwind! I walked away from the show with a big smile. Everyone I met, all of the business owners, store reps and artisans were all so friendly and so positive, it was so refreshing. Plus there were TONS of eye candy and great inspiration.

To give you a glimpse of the amazing information I picked up, I took this photo of a pile of my press kits. I have so much to get through so bear with me as I work my way through it! There's lots to report on this week.


On to business! One of the biggest trends I spotted was the beautiful butterfly. Butterflies were everywhere! Big prints, small prints and everything in between. The design world has really embraced nature for fall and the butterfly has quickly become the mascot.

Here's a peak, but you should note, these items are for the most part inspirational since they are all from wholesale companies, BUT that means they may soon be popping up in your favorite stores this fall!

Butterfly prints at Two's Company...


Design Legacy's Cabriole leg chair upholstered in a hand-screened natural linen with a butterfly (and bugs!) print. The chair runs about $439.
A gorgeous "Mariposa" transferwear cloche at Fringe for Isadora & Mizrahi (sorry, they don't have a web site and sell to trade only). The colors really popped. I loved this!


I love the freedom and re-birth butterflies represent, don't you?! Tune in tomorrow for more trend-spotting!!

1 comment:

loribell said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself at the Home Expo--Can't waite to see some of your finds!!!!!!!