8.06.2009

Fresh Centerpieces

After drooling over the photos at Bedell Cellars earlier...I couldn't stop staring at this fresh, summery centerpiece.


I love the white (stephanotis?) flowers but I could see this done with bright purple orchids too or even mint leaves cut from the garden. It's a great example of how easy it is to create a simple (and affordable) chic centerpiece anytime.

Here are two other examples of using found or unexpected objects:

Simple Summer. This is the current centerpiece adorning my table. I pulled together starfish and shells leftover from an old photo shoot, glassware, a candle and set them all on a braided placemat from Ikea.


Tray Chic. This photo is from a story I did for a client last year. I set a bunch of different containers including an old Ball jar and an antique Morrocan tea pot, on top of a wooden serving tray. Then I just added different flowers cut from a garden based on the heights of the objects.


Photo via sprig.com



No comments: