5.31.2009

Collectibles: Ball Jars.



Hi there! I usually don't post over the weekend, but I really wanted to share this photo I took yesterday afternoon.

The hydrangea stem was left over from a bouquet of flowers I received two weeks ago! They're still going strong so I decided to plop them in my favorite blue Ball jar. I love that jar, I found it on eBay and use it all the time. I've started a collection because they are inexpensive, useful and just look so good.

Speaking of Ball jars, in honor of its 125th anniversary, the morning show hosts on Martha Stewart Radio were trying to come up with 101 unique ways to use a Ball jar. Here's a link to their list.

Their listeners came up with some great ideas...here are five of my favorites:

1. Store ribbons in it (or buttons or other craft supplies).
2. Martini shaker! Hilarious.
3. Make Sun Tea with it. Nice for summer.
4. Use it as a bank for all of your change.
5. Make it a game jar. Store jacks, domino, dice, UNO cards!

How about you? Do you love Ball jars too, what do you use them for?

No comments: