Happy Cinco de Mayo!
For me, there really never has to be an excuse to celebrate. So in honor of this festive day, here is today's Party Plan:
1. Cocktail: SkinnyGirl Margarita
Bethenny Frankel, celebrity natural food chef, author, entrepreneur and star of Bravo TV's "The Real Houswives of NYC." created this delicious cocktail. I was lucky enough to meet Bethenny at an event in NYC last spring and she is, in a word--amazing.
2. Main Menu: Taco Bar with Fresh Salsa
How fun is it to build your own taco? And please, whatever you do, make sure the salsa is FRESH! Nothing beats it. I suggest making it yourself or if you must buy it pre-made, the Trader Joe's brand really is delicious.
3. Dessert: I adore the Mexican Chocolate Pudding at my favorite restaurant in town, Besito. So decadent and delicious and so easy to re-create. Simply mix-in a generous amount of cinnamon to your favorite chocolate pudding (I suggest dark chocolate!)
4. Decorations: Tissue Paper Flowers
Yep, just like the kind you made in kindergarten. For an easy how-to, click here. Then, hang them up all around the house, tie them to the back of your dining chairs or plop a whole bunch into a vase.
5. Music: Set the mood with a festive playlist. I love this one from Celebrations.com.
How are you planning to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?