5.21.2012

Lakeville Kitchen & Bath Recap


Last Thursday evening I had the honor of being a guest at a LI Pulse-sponsored event at Lakeville Kitchen & Bath in Smithtown, NY. I had never visited this showroom and was excited to have a look and meet the team behind this 77-year-old company that carries Plain & Fancy, MedallionCrystal and UltraCraft.

First, let me say, the showroom does not disappoint! If you are looking for attainable inspiration, you will find it here. Not to mention a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Everyone was just great.

This first pic is of the kitchen design you'll see upon walking in.To me, this is a slightly modern take on a country kitchen with a few old world touches. I love the deep wood island with grey painted cabinets below. The grey is pretty and sophisticated and definitely a trend I spotted throughout the showroom.


Another favorite tidbit about this design...see that interesting "faucet"-looking contraption against the backsplash? Find it odd to have a faucet above your stove? Well, as Richard Sirlin, President of Lakeville Kitchen & Bath and son of the late founder Alfred Mirin, pointed out...it's a pot filler faucet, the perfect accessory for filling tall pasta pots. Us Italians know a thing or two about that and I find it to be the ULTIMATE luxury in a kitchen for sure!

The next photo, I really don't do it justice. My iPhone doesn't take the best pics. This was a gorgeous white kitchen that reminded me of Ina Garten's. Its beautiful, clean and approachable.


I love displaying collections and found objects and this gorgeous glass door cabinet would be the perfect way to do it. I love how the doors' designs sort of frame the pieces inside. I'd fill mine with interesting colors and textures such as Milkglass, Jadeite or Fiestaware.


This set up was a bit sparse, but for me, I was all about those top cabinets. Here again is the grey paint and how fun are those square doors? 


Last but not least, a pretty little accent. Such a great design tip--a few pretty flowers in glass bottles can perk up a lonely corner instantly. You can easily recreate this with empty milk, wine or other types of bottles. 


Hope you enjoyed this little tour! Thanks again to the team at Lakeville Kitchen & Bath for a lovely evening!


No comments: