6.08.2011

Craving: Metallic Wallpaper

As we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first baby, my husband and I are definitely in nesting mode. While he's taken to the exterior of our house, I am of course obsessed with making our little place the perfect haven for our growing family.

When these metallic wallpapers popped up in my inbox yesterday, I was smitten. I love, love, love to use metallics to accessorize and these are some of the prettiest wallpaper patterns I've seen lately. 


This first one is my "realisitc" favorite, meaning the one I can most see myself using in my home. I'd love it for the bedroom or a transition wall in our living area perhaps. Its subtle sheen is perfect for giving a space a little sparkle. And who doesn't love a little sparkle in their life?

Jacobean in Cream, Gray and Gold from Bainbridge by Fairwinds, printed on breathable, environmentally-friendly non-woven paper, $56.99 per single roll; http://www.brewsterhomefashions.com/.
Moving on to my "fantasy" choice...I absolutely love this gold shimmery style. It's called MoirĂ© in Deep Gold. So luxe and rich, this would need to be reserved for a special place in the home such as a bedroom, entryway or long hallway perhaps. I'd use it in small doses but I bet many designers out there have other ideas for it!

Moiré in Deep Gold, an acetate Lurex fabric on a breathable, environmentally-friendly, non-woven paper, $450.00 per lineal yard, http://www.arteforkoroseal.com/.

Another gold favorite is this subtler choice from the Artisan Collection by Thibaut Designs (a favorite wallcovering manufacturer). I love how the scrollwork seems to dance when the light hits it as seen in this photo. I would use this for the sunniest room in my home!


Montreal in Metallic Gold from Artisan Collection by Thibaut Designs, a handmade, dimensional raised print on breathable, environmentally-friendly nonwoven, fabric backed paper, $210 per single roll, http://www.thibautdesign.com/


How about you? What do you think of metallic wallpaper?

No comments: