2.08.2010

Design Envy: Anna Kohler's Condo in Renovation Style

This gorgeous condo from the spring issue of Renovation Style was making it's way around the blogosphere late last week (I found it via the lovely La Dolce Vita blog) and I couldn't help but share it here too. So, I ran out and purchased the mag and made these scans for you...and for my personal inspiration archive.

I am a sucker for details, so even the opening shot of those pretty roses in one of my favorite bowls from Anthropologie inspired me! The photo on the right is of the owner, Anna Kohler seated at her workspace.



I love the artwork arrangement and the fact that her desk was from her childhood, given a fresh black-and-white update.

This bedroom makes me long for my single-girl days...she quietly embraced modern shades of pink, something I couldn't quite do with my hubby in our bedroom.

This pretty bedroom is such a great example of decorating in layers...she fearlessly and successfully mixed patterns, colors and textures here.


Finally, her dining room truly made me gasp. Her nearly all-white space is warmed up by the ebony floors (such a trend right now!) and the deep chocolate upholstery on her chairs. Loving that added bit of drama with that beautiful white chandelier. So fresh...and perfect for entertaining.

This story has inspired me to really go for what I want in my own home projects!

What inspired you most about this design?

No comments: