11.01.2009

Bedroom Makeover, Part I: A Grey Romance

We've decided to repaint our bedroom. I'd like it to have a more modern, romantic vibe with a little drama. Kinda like me :)

I fell in love with and scooped up these pillows (in black) from HomeGoods, which are now serving as the inspiration for the entire new look of the bedroom.


They're the Popple ZigZag pillows from Thro., LTD. It's hard to see but trust me they are shiny, luxurious and gorgeous with a silk back. They're over on Overstock.com right now for a good price if you're interested.

I loved they are in grey, purple, black, silver--all of my favorite colors. Right now the browns, peanut butter and robin's egg blue we have in the bedroom just isn't doing it for me.

So we spent our morning pouring over grey paint samples and have narrowed it down. Right now, my choice is Manhattan Mist from Behr. A blue-toned grey that will cool things up and still embrace warmth. Sounds, nice, right?

We'll be priming and painting over the next few days so I'll be sure to take photos and post the before and afters. For now, it's on to shopping for bedding!

No comments: